Thanks so much for supporting and participating in WAYA activities while we keep each other safe. WAYA's top priority is always the health and safety of the children, families, coaches, and staff. The WAYA Board COVID Committee continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation in Austin and adjust COVID protocols accordingly.
With Austin now in Stage 5, and the Delta Variant surging, it is imperative that we do all we can to stop transmission in our community. As such, following CDC & APH guidelines, effective immediately, we have updated the following masking procedures:
ALL ADULTS & CHILDREN OVER 2 YEARS OLD, REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS, MUST WEAR A MASK INDOORS AT WAYA AT ALL TIMES.
Masks are NOT REQUIRED OUTDOORS as long as 6 feet social distance can be maintained.
We know this may be a challenge for some young children and we will work with you and your child to make it safe.
Below, you will find a summary of additional protocols which remain in place to help lower the risk of spreading COVID-19 as much as possible, so that kids may continue to participate in healthy educational and recreational activities.
Thank you for helping us keep each other safe!
The 2020-21 sports season was perhaps the most challenging yet for WAYA and the WAYA community. We have all learned a lot about COVID-19 and how to reduce transmission since the beginning of the pandemic. We know more about how COVID-19 spreads and measures that work to prevent the spread such as vaccinations, masks, and physical distancing.
Just last month, we were so grateful to eliminate all but a few COVID-19 safety restrictions. However, due to the Delta Variant, and the rising COVID-19 cases in Austin, it is imperative that we do all we can to stem the transmission in our community. As such, following CDC & APH guidelines, effective immediately, we have updated the following masking procedures:
• ALL ADULTS, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask while indoors or if unable to maintain 6 ft of distance outdoors
• ALL ADULTS & CHILDREN OVER 10 YEARS OLD, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask when entering or exiting the facility or playing fields
• CHILDREN WHO ARE VACCINATED may take off their masks while participating in competition
• CHILDREN WHO ARE UNVACCINATED & OVER 10 YEARS OLD must leave their masks on while participating in INDOOR competition but may remove it during OUTDOOR competition
Below, you will find a summary of additional actions we continue to take to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing our athletes to play. We are committed to the following COVID-19 Health and Safety Protocol prevention strategies.
• Stay home when sick. WAYA's COVID-19 Self-Screening MUST continue to be completed by all WAYA participants prior to every activity- no exceptions!
• Handwashing and Sanitizing
• Cohorting. Keeping small groups/teams separated except during games.
• Contract tracing in combination with isolation and quarantine.
• WAYA water fountains will continue to be closed. The water bottle filler will be open so be sure to bring a water bottle.
• WAYA will continue to have an onsite porter during the day who, along with WAYA staff in the evening, will regularly sanitize surfaces and equipment.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to adjust our policies to best follow the guidelines provided by the CDC, and state and local authorities. We will continue to assess and communicate any updates throughout the year as more information becomes available.
The health and safety of the WAYA Community has been our top priority throughout the pandemic, and we’ve closely and consistently followed the CDC’s recommendations over the last year. We are encouraged by the new guidelines from CDC as they are a sign that we are moving closer to the end of the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to monitor CDC and recommendations to adapt and change as needed.
Please keep in mind that although many adults (staff, coaches, parents, grandparents and more) have been able to get their COVID vaccine, at this time, there are currently no COVID vaccine treatments approved for children under the age of 12.
As a youth facility, the children we serve are our top priority. By adhering to WAYA's required and recommended policies & protocols, we can all be a part of ensuring that WAYA kids & their families stay healthy & safe!
Please see below for current required and recommended policies & protocols:
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to adjust our policies to best follow the guidelines provided by the CDC, and state and local authorities. We will continue to assess and update throughout the year as more information becomes available.
Questions? Contact WAYA's Director of Operations, Rich Morrison at email@example.com